Friday, December 31, 2010

Thankful for... Facials | Halifax, NS

This has been a long week, as you can imagine.  I cry at the drop of a hat - and then feel guilty for it.  Sometimes I sneak into the washroom at work and just let it all out - if you hear weeping from the stall next to you, it's just me :-)

In the midst of all the crying, luck was indeed on my side.  A few weeks ago, I had booked a facial as I had a gift certificate that was about to expire; my requirement for an appointment was that it be after 6pm on any day before the end of the year.  Tuesday, the 28th at 6pm, it is.  I had no idea how important that date would be.  

Over the weekend, I was distracted with Christmas.  By Monday, I was fearing the unknown again and worrying about getting back to work with my mind so distracted.  What oh what could I do to relax?  Ahhhhh the facial! 

Off I went to Chrysalis.  It had been awhile since my last visit, so I filled out the new client form.  Included was a section regarding any medical conditions you may have.  Oh.  There it is.  Cancer.  Check.  Yep, that's me.  Crap.  Then I met with my aesthetician, Wendy.   We discussed my skin care while she went over the form.  "So you have..."  I don't know if she said the word or pointed to the form.  "Yep.  It's new.  Last week.  I've been crying for a week and there's a good chance I'll cry during the session.  Don't be alarmed."

I didn't.  Cry, that is.  I laid back and just relaxed.  I don't think being sick even crossed my mind.  The timing was perfect - if it had been any sooner, it would have been too close to the date of diagnosis and I wouldn't have been able to let go.  Ahhhhhh... Wendy worked her magic.  Almost two hours later, the dimmed lights were turned up and her quiet voice told me it was over.  No rush, take your time getting ready to go.  

It was fantastic, I even hugged her when I left.




...Kare


email:  karenk{at}eastlink.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment